The Minor in Civic and Community Engagement gives you the knowledge, skills, and values to be agents of change in your community. The minor is a chance to use your academic experience to make a difference in the world! In this minor, you will:
- Increase your understanding of environmental, social, educational, and other public problems from different disciplinary perspectives.
- Learn how community and non-profit organizations and public policy address significant social and environmental issues.
- Connect your major to public problems and concerns about equity and social justice.
- Learn about community-based research to help understand and address public problems, such as poverty in the 21st Century.
- Ground your learning in real world, community settings.